Netgate’s pfSense security appliance solutions provide reliable, scalable systems that are unmatched in value and performance.
Because there are no required on-going maintenance or license fees, we provide the lowest total cost of ownership with the most security and connection features in the market today!
Affordable. pfSense firewall appliances come with the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership. Up-front cost is a fraction of traditional pricing, and there are no software maintenance or license fees.
Efficiently powerful. pfSense appliances combine efficient use of power with 1Gb upstream performance. From day one, you’re prepared for growing bandwidth needs.
Open source. pfSense is both affordable and flexible, with all the features expected of far more expensive enterprise-class firewalls. Our rich, versatile feature set is fully customizable with any combination of options you prefer.
pfSense Software Features
pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, LAN or WAN
router, VPN appliance, DHCP server, DNS server, or for other applications and
special purposes. Next-generation pfSense security features available:
- Stateful packet filtering or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent Layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPv6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc.
- VPN: IPSEC, OpenVPN, site-to-site, site-to-client, site-to-cloud and cloud-to-cloud, with support for Amazon AWS
- Dynamic DNS Client
- DHCP server and relay functions
- PPPoE server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Add-on optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery, and SquidGaurd for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.