Why outsource your IT? As a Small – Medium Business (SMB), the question of outsourcing your Information Technology (IT) may have frequently crossed your mind, especially with the surging security breaches that the media outlets seem to broadcast weekly. Whether your business does not already have a dedicated IT Department or if you are seeking complementary services to your already established IT infrastructure, outsourcing your IT technology can provide tremendous benefits to your business. Using the 3 R’s (Reasons, Risks & Rewards) can provide a base to examine if outsourcing your IT may be beneficial and effective for your business.
REASONS to outsource your Managed IT Services
- Outsourcing is Budget Friendly – Cost Effective – Reduce & Control Operating Costs.
- Would your business like to improve your and Your Employees’ Focus and Resources?
- Would your business like to Reduce Labor Costs?
- Is your business finding it difficult to keep up to date with Routine Maintenance on Workstations and Servers?
- Is your business finding it difficult to start or manage IT Projects?
- Make capital available for other means in your business.
- Reduce Security Risks.
RISKS involved with outsourcing Managed IT Services
Any time you hand over responsibilities for any aspect of your business you are inviting risk. Whether hiring a staff member or outsourced service, you may have lingering hesitations, such as, What are they supposed to do? Or Will they fit in with the company culture? Or Did I hire the right person?
Some other risks that you may consider when outsourcing your Managed IT Services:
- Loss of Control – Oversight
- Confidentiality of DATA – entrusting someone to your company’s intimate practices may seem like a risk, but an Outsourced IT Service provider can also help protect your DATA from ending up in the wrong hands
- Disaster Recovery – much like confidentiality, an Outsourced IT Service provider can mitigate and help to make a plan for Disaster Recovery
- Some IT functions are not easily converted
- Employee Morale
- Your business may get locked into a contract
REWARDS of outsourcing your Managed IT Services
- Acquire a Valuable Partner – a committed Expert of Outsourced Managed IT that provides professional, objective and best practice advice along with keeping up with the most current technology trends.
- Add to your In-House capabilities.
- Little to no Human Resource (HR) Investment. Hiring an employee hosts a staple of expenses from the hiring process, background checks and supplying a space to work to account for benefits, vacation, sick days, worker’s compensation, continued training, employee performance reviews, human resources, and of course, employee turnover.
- Cost Savings.
- Flexible to your Company’s changes in size, volume, and strategy.
- Security – Keeping your Systems updated, leveraging Virus protection and proactively monitoring.
- Predictable Monthly Budget.
- Prevent Burnout of Yourself and Employees.
BONUS – Tips to Working with your Outsourced Managed IT
- Clearly formulate and communicate goals and objectives of the business relationship
- Have a Strategic Vision
- Keep Open Communication
Managed IT Outsourcing companies have a lot of experience with different types of businesses and thus – a better understanding of a client’s expectations. This is the main reason why outsourced companies are able to be flexible with your requests and visions. They can even propose new ideas that can change your perspectives. Outsourcing companies see your existing infrastructure from a different vantage point and can customize a solution for your individual business needs.
About Herstek & Associates, LLC
Herstek & Associates, LLC is a professional outsourced computer service company serving small to medium businesses in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties in Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA). Our specialties are network planning (network consulting), network projects, and ongoing network/computer maintenance. We pride ourselves in not only delivering the results you expect but also being knowledgeable, systematic, accountable, trustworthy and easy to work with. To speak with a Support Advisor about the the computer support provided by Herstek & Associates, LLC please call us at (570)779-4018 or contact us.